SCHNECKSVILLE, PA., June 29, 2022 – Sustainable Energy Fund announced the winners of the Middle and...» Read More
Sustainable Energy Fund Announces Topics for Energypath 2022
SCHNECKSVILLE, PA., June 10, 2022 – The Sustainable Energy Fund has announced that their annual conference, Energypath, will be hosted this year at the Gerald White Conference Center at DeSales University in Center Valley, Pennsylvania on Wednesday, June 29, 2022. Energypath is the region’s largest sustainable energy event attracting industry professionals, policymakers, and academia throughout the region and across the United States.
DeSales University has put in place several green initiatives to educate their campus community, conserve energy and natural resources, and consider environmental impact in the master planning process. For more information on DeSales, visit www.desales.edu.
“We are very excited to announce that this year’s Energypath Conference will once again be held at DeSales University,” said John Costlow, President, and CEO of Sustainable Energy Fund. “We are also pleased to hold this event fully in-person, giving our attendees a better opportunity to network with industry professionals.”
This one-day conference will feature an afternoon keynote, as well as several seminars on various energy topics. Additionally, the conference will include the annual Energypath Science Fair, where middle and high school students submit projects related to sustainable energy for a chance to win prizes of up to $1,250. To apply for the Energypath 2022 Science Fair, please visit the Energypath website.
The conference will focus on “Energy Source Diversity” in awareness of the ongoing transition from fossil fuels to renewable energy sources. Diverse energy sources will play a vital role in the generation, industrial, and transportation sectors. In the Annual Energy Outlook 2021, the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) forecasts that renewable electricity generation will increase more rapidly than electricity demand through 2050. Its projected generation from renewable energy technologies accounts for 60% of the cumulative capacity from 2020 to 2050. Natural gas-fired generators account for the remaining 40%.
This conference will examine the past, present, and future electricity demands and energy sources. We will uncover what solutions are still needed to create a more stable and sustainable future. Join us for in-depth sessions that will help you make decisions today that will prepare your business for the future.
The Keynote Speaker this year is Ramesh (“Rudy”) Shankar. He is currently the Director of the Energy Systems Engineering program at Lehigh University in Bethlehem, PA. The program supports the 10-month, 30-credit Master of Engineering (M. Eng.) in Energy. In this capacity, his responsibilities include the development of course curricula and industry projects.
His topic, “Climate Change: It is Time to Get Serious on What Will Work,” will take place between the lunch and awards ceremony. Renewable energy—wind and solar– is the fastest growing resource over the past decade, outpacing the build of reliable central generation resources worldwide. This growth is no doubt due to falling prices but also driven by the dire warnings of climate change manifest in extreme weather and rising seas. His speech will make the case that nuclear power and geothermal energy as immediate prospects to meet interim emission goals.
Seminar topics include, “Using Deep Energy Retrofits for Unlocking Long-Term Financing Through C-PACE,” “Combined Heat and Power and the Low Carbon Future,” and “Behind-the-Meter Energy Storage,” among others.
While Energypath 2022 is presented by the Sustainable Energy Fund, the event is made possible by its generous sponsors. Our current sponsors include Nuveen Green Capital, The Stone House Group, Dynatech, the National Energy Improvement Fund, Pace Loan Group, Quandel Enterprises, and the Lehigh University Energy Systems Engineering program. If you are interested in sponsoring this year’s event, please visit the website or call 610-264-4440 to discuss sponsorship opportunities.
To learn more about Energypath and to register, please visit energypath.org.
About Sustainable Energy Fund
Sustainable Energy Fund (SEF), a nonprofit organization, assists energy users in overcoming financial, educational, and regulatory barriers to a sustainable energy future. SEF provides a variety of services including financing energy conservation, energy efficiency, and renewable energy projects; educating the leaders of today and tomorrow to create a passion for sustainable energy; and representing the interests of energy conservation, energy efficiency, and renewable energy in proceedings before the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission. Visit thesef.org.