Science Fair InformationSponsored by Community Energy
Gerald White Conference Center located in DeSales University Center
2755 Station Avenue
Center Valley, PA 18034
Sustainable Energy Fund and Community Energy are proud to provide the following awards:
|High School Division||Middle School Division|
|1st Place – $1250||1st Place – $1250|
|2nd Place – $750||2nd Place – $750|
|3rd Place – $250||3rd Place – $250|
- Student Status. Applicants who completed grades 5-8 during the 2018-2019 school year are eligible to participate in the Middle School Division. Students who completed grades 9-12 during the 2018-2019 school year are eligible to participate in the High School Division. *Partnering with an organization outside of your Middle or High School is allowed, but any partnership must be disclosed in your application.
- Single Entry. Each student may only enter one project in the Fair, but several students can enter the same project as a team.
- Supervision. Students must be accompanied by their parent(s) or guardian(s) at all times during the Science Fair. Sustainable Energy Fund is not responsible for the supervision of any participant.
Science Fair Project Requirements:
- Participants must submit a Science Fair Application by June 28th, 2019 by 5:00 PM.
- Projects must be related to energy efficiency, energy conservation, renewable energy resources or other topics relating to sustainable energy.
- The students will need to bring a poster board explaining their project. The poster should be no larger than 3 feet X 4 feet. In addition, students may also bring objects that pertain to their project. There will be electrical outlets available on site.
- Students will give a three-minute presentation explaining their project to a panel of judges. Note cards are acceptable for reference during your presentation. Judges may ask you questions about your project afterwards.
- Entries are evaluated on a variety of criteria which include its potential contribution to sustainable energy (25%), creativity and innovation (25%), depth of research (25%), presentation (15%) and overall completeness of documentation (10%).
- Students should be dressed in business casual attire. Jeans are discouraged.
- The judges will be comprised of industry professionals, academia and Sustainable Energy Fund board members.